Two Factor Authentication ( 2FA ) for Joomla
Simple & Easy 2FA setup with any App supporting TOTP algorithm like Google, Authy, LastPass Authenticator & other 2FA methods like OTP over email, OTP over phone, OTP over email and phone, email verification, push notification, security questions (KBA), hardware token (YubiKey).
Secure your Joomla site with state of art second-factor
authentication plugin. The setup takes only few minutes, yet
protects your site forever. This plugin provides two factor
authentication (TFA) during login. Once you have the J2FA plugin
installed on your site, you need not to think about stolen password
or weak password problems. We provide a variety of second factor
authentication (2FA) methods so that your users can choose best
suitable method for them.
Visit https://plugins.miniorange.com/joomla-two-factor-authentication-2fa to know more about Joomla 2FA plugin by miniOrange.
You will get 24/7 assistance from our dedicated team of experts. You just need to submit the query from plugin or you can also drop us an email on
Apps Supported by Two Factor Authentication 2FA for Joomla
- miniOrange Authenticator App
- Google Authenticator App.
- Authy 2-Factor Authentication App
- Any TOTP based App
Two Factor Authentication 2FA for Joomla includes following second-factor authentication methods:
1 OTP OVER EMAIL – Users will receive a One
Time Passcode (OTP) on their registered email ID and will validate
the OTP in order to complete the login process.
2. OTP OVER SMS - In this method users will receive an SMS with a One Time Passcode (OTP) after verifying which they will be allowed to login.
3. OTP OVER SMS AND EMAIL - User will receive an OTP on their registered mobile number and email.
4. Google Authenticator/Authy Authenticator/LastPass Authenticator - Enter passcode from a preconfigured account in Google Authenticator, Authy Authenticator or LastPass App to login.
5. Email Verification - Accept the verification link sent to your email to login.
6. Soft Token - Users can enter a one-time passcode from the miniOrange Authenticator App.
7. QR code authentication - Scan the QR code from the account in your miniOrange Authenticator App to login.
8. Push notification - Accept a push notification in your miniOrange Authenticator App to login.
Two Factor Authentication 2FA for Joomla also provides a backup option:
In case of user can’t access their phone, nothing to worry about, the users can login using KBA. In this option, the user will be prompted to answer some knowledge-based questions or life questions. If answered correctly, the user will be able to authenticate himself.
Upcoming features in next release of Two Factor Authentication 2FA for Joomla:
- Role-based 2FA- You can choose to disable 2FA for some roles or enable 2FA for only some of the roles.
- IP based 2FA or IP whitelisting- You can disable the 2FA for some IPs/IP ranges.
- Remember device: Second-factor authentication will be required only on new devices
Custom feature requirements -
If you want any custom changes/feature in this plugin, just let us know your requirement in brief on