Easily block the visitor by their IP to prevent the accessing certain areas of a Joomla website (such as login or registration) or the entire site while still allowing IP address / IP range exclusions (such as search engine bots), all this without having to configure the .Htaccess file in your hosting. Simply install the plugin, enter the IP list you want to block or allow automatic update and you're done. Blocked visitors will either see a basic textual block message or they will be redirected to another URL, both of which are configured in the settings.
- Use Token key to add one more protection layer to protect backend of your website, so only who know token key can access your backend, for example: http://yoursite.com/administrator?mytoken , use wrong token will be redirected to home page: http://yoursite.com
- Block IP/Ban IP by given IP Whitelist/IP Blacklist, support IPv4 and IPv6
- Automatic update in the IP blacklist with addresses already identified as insecure worldwide.
- Support many types of IP range: Single IP address, CIDR Mask, Wildcard, Low to high IP address.
- BlockIP at Frontend/Backend/Both
- You can just enable plugin in some pages of your site if you just want to protect apart of site.
- You can write comment in the IP list (use #).
- The whitelist should include IP addresses that should NOT be blocked, the blacklist should contain IP addresses to be blocked. The whitelist is checked first and will override the blacklist IP addresses.
- Test mode, so you can put the tested IP Address via URL to see how JU BlockIP filter it, and what rule in the list allow/deny that IP Address. Just turn on the test mode, then pass the IP Address via url like this: http://yoursite.com?ipaddress=thetestedip_address BlockIP Solutecia will tell you that IP Address will be allowed or denied to access to your site, and what rule in the list allow/deny it
Notice message when you are blocking yourself.
If an IP is found in the whitelist, that user will be allowed to access your site and plugin will NOT check that IP in the blacklist.
- If an IP is NOT found in the whitelist, plugin will check that IP in the blacklist, if that IP is found in the blacklist, user will be blocked.
- If an IP is not found in both whitelist and blacklist, user will be allowed to access your site.
Automatic update in blacklist IP
This automatic blacklist will be loaded at intervals defined by
the parameter of 'Update Interval (hours)'. IPs can be identified
because they have the comment '#IPBlock Solutecia Automatic'. If
you do not want the automatic update then set the update interval
parameter to 'never'.
The list of dangerous IPs is provided by https://myip.ms and solutecia.com is not responsible for the content of that list.