These are the minutes for the JUGL meet-up in March 2016. We cover a wide variety of topics such as which forms extension to use, which blog extension, learning management systems, Joomla! 3.5, Disaster recovery and planning, and some new updates to this very website.
Attendees & Newcomers
- Gary Barclay (Barclay.Works)
- Philip Walton (SoftForge)
- Eoin Oliver (Square Balloon)
- George Wilson (iProov & Joomla! Project Team Member (in charge of Joomla! 3.5 release)
- Brian Teeman (Joomla! Founder Member)
- Andrew Gould (Dentist / Dentist Learning Business), JUGL regular
Do the new guys have any questions?
Phil put it to the room that some of the new guys may want to ask a question
- Rajeev asked: What blogging extension(s) and what form extension you would use
- Blogging Extensions
- Use the core, it does everything you require
- Easy Blog is an option which gives a lot more functionality possibly overkill for a humble blog
- K2 is another option
- Overall the core is good enough for most cases.
- Form Extensions
- RS Forms
- Chrono Forms
- Breezing Forms
- We discussed all four options, some favoured RS Forms, some favoured Breezing forms, some favoured Fabrik although it is more complicated and not for beginners.
This month we discussed quite a few different topics and the minutes became quite long, so I have decided to split them into sections in case someone is interested in a specific topic. Please see related articles below.